Friday, December 12, 2008

Tears for Today



How to express the words that we feel
When emotions are raw and feelings so real
How do we prepare for what is to come
We fight to hold back the tears that must run
Afraid to let fears of grief overtake us

It is a natural release
Along with it will come much peace
As you all gather together
With memories to share
Of this life that was lived

Memories
Some good and some bad
Some happy and some sad
The one thing.. that you all can agree

His life was lived
With the love of the Lord
And so we know he now has his final reward
Hand in hand with his Shepard his King
Can you hear the angels sing

We will miss his soul
But his spirit lives on
So cry today so tomorrow you can sing
Remembering his memory will be a happy thing

It is not good-bye

But until we meet again


Note: Written for my friend Vicky D... her father passed away yesterday.. I wanted to write something for her.. I wanted to bring comfort to her heart.. but the emotions were just to new.. She sent me a photo .. of a fireangel.. I will see what I can do.. Lord it is my desire to Honor you .. in all that I say and do ...

No comments: