Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sheri Lynn Clemons

The Father is First in your Heart
I knew this right from the start

I met you with your sister Renee’
There was something special
Between us all that happened that day

The Love of the Lord is what we all shared
One thing is certain and one thing is true
You have been more than friend and I love you

You both adopted me into your family
I became your sister and friend
You freely shared encouragement, wisdom and love
Because of your relationship with the Father above

As friends and family are gathered around
To remember the things of your life

One thing that will be heard over and over again
She was a lover of God
He was her best friend

No more suffering and no more pain
You can now enjoy dancing in the heavenly rain
Of singing in that heavenly place
With joy, peace and contentment upon your face
One day we will meet you upon that throne of Grace

You will be missed by all of us here
As you dance and sing at His heavenly throne
You have finally truly gone home

We will miss you my sister, my friend
We come to say goodbye to this flesh
And even now as you are laid to rest

We know
The Father is First in your Heart

Note:Written for my friend when she passed away ..
May your family and friends never forget the love in your heart for the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, May they learn from the footsteps of your life to find a relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and to trust in the Lord to make the crooked paths straight. I will never forget the life you lead and the love you shared. You were truly an inspiration in my life. Your love will be remembered and shared. Your sister and friend, LisaMe!

No comments: